Mental Health Clinician – Full Time
An exciting opportunity exists for a Mental Health Clinician. Who is empathetic, enthusiastic and compassionate, to join our professional clinical team. This position provides a great opportunity for an individual with a genuine passion for health and wellbeing in the community, to take on a challenging and diverse role, To plan, develop, implement and evaluate Community Wellbeing Programs within the RDHS area through service development, education, training, networking, community development and mental health promotional activities that support the community. This position will also provide mental health clinical support and interventions to clients under a range of funded programs.
Robinvale District Health Service (RDHS) is a vibrant and dynamic rural health organisation providing health care services across the Victorian Mallee and parts of New South Wales. We operate under the Multi-Purpose Service (MPS) Model providing flexible and coordinated services which suit the needs of our communities. In addition to our role providing aged care and sub-acute services in Robinvale and Manangatang we also provide allied health services based on the primary care model of health ensuring we meet our communities health needs across the lifespan, address the broader determinants of health and empower individuals, families and communities to take charge of their own health.
RDHS works within a values driven care environment where our values of Respect, Professionalism, Care, Commitment and Collaboration influence the way we work and our vision to improve the health, wellbeing and strength of our communities.
The successful applicant(s) will work as part of a collaborative, supportive and multidisciplinary team of health professionals. In addition to being part of a workplace where staff are valued and included we offer the following benefits:
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
- Salary packaging/novated leasing
- Assistance with Accommodation/Relocation
- Professional development support
- Free parking
- Discounted health insurance
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, Registered Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Aboriginal Health Practitioner (Mental Health) with relevant Mental Health qualifications and experience.
- Full registration with AHPRA or membership of AASW with Accredited Mental Health Social Worker status.
- Demonstrated project and community program management skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with ATSI and CALD communities and individuals and an understanding of the unique health and social determinants which can impact on their mental health.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of community health and wellbeing programs.
- Proven experience as a mental health clinician and knowledge of mental health issues in a community setting.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
- Clear Police and Working with Children’s checks.
- Sound clinical knowledge, willingness to learn
- Flexibility, a positive attitude and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with a focus to person centred care
- Enthusiasm for participation in a team environment
- Commitment to best practice, ethical behaviour and conduct
- Comply with regulatory requirements of relevance including RDHS policies and procedures/guidelines.
- Comply with RDHS Employee Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of diversity and culture.
- Advocate for staff & clients, ensuring legal and ethical standards are maintained.
- Conduct duties as directed.
- Participate in RDHS training programmes and provide feedback as required.
Applicants require a current Working Rights Visa status or Permanent Residency.
RDHS is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a working environment that values and embraces diversity and inclusion. Our organisation is committed to ensuring that our workforce reflects the community we serve.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer’s Mandatory Vaccination Directions, RDHS employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status. Annual influenza vaccine is also mandatory and depending on your role, RDHS may require other vaccinations.
To apply please forward your application to;
People & Culture Department
Phone: (03) 5051 8189