The Gender Equality Act 2020 was designed to improve workplace gender equality in the Victorian public sector, universities and local councils. The Act commenced on 31 March 2021. The Act applies to certain organisations that have 50 or more employees, including the public sector, universities and local councils (‘defined entities’). Defined entities will have obligations under the Act.
As a defined entity beneath the Act, RDHS is required to:
- Develop and implement a Gender Equality Action Plan, which includes:
- results of a workplace gender audit
- strategies for achieving workplace gender equality
- Publicly report on their progress in relation to workplace gender equality
- Promote gender equality in policies, programs and services that impact the public
- Complete Gender Impact Assessments (GIAs)