REGISTERED NURSE IMMUNISER- CASUAL
Robinvale District Health Service (RDHS) is a vibrant and dynamic rural health organisation providing health care services across the Victorian Mallee and parts of New South Wales. We operate under the Multi-Purpose Service (MPS) Model providing flexible and coordinated services which suit the needs of our communities. In addition to our role providing aged care and sub-acute services in Robinvale and Manangatang we also provide allied health services based on the primary care model of health ensuring we meet our communities health needs across the lifespan, address the broader determinants of health and empower individuals, families and communities to take charge of their own health.
RDHS works within a values driven care environment where our values of Respect, Professionalism, Care, Commitment and Collaboration influence the way we work and our vision to improve the health, wellbeing and strength of our communities.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Registered Nurse Immuniser who is empathetic, enthusiastic and compassionate, to join our professional clinical team. You will have the opportunity to collaborate and contribute to the ongoing support and pursuit of continuous quality improvement, maximising the safety of residents, patients & staff, along with developing your own professional skill set with excellent clinical assessments and education available. In this role you will provide regular immunisation sessions in a variety of settings and are committed to providing safe and effective immunisation services to infants, school students and vulnerable community members. The team are responsible for delivering comprehensive immunisation programs to minimise the risk of vaccine preventable disease within the community.
The successful applicant(s) will work and learn as part of a collaborative, supportive and multidisciplinary team of health professionals as part of our Health and Wellbeing Team. In addition to being part of a workplace where staff are valued and included we offer the following benefits:
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
- Salary packaging/novated leasing
- Professional development support
- Free parking
- Discounted health insurance
We welcome graduate applicants and provide ongoing mentoring and support.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Registered Division 1 Nurse and accredited Nurse Immuniser
- Clear understanding of immunisation guidelines concerning contraindications and emergency procedures
- Current drivers licence
- Current Police check and Working with Children’s check
- Sound clinical knowledge, willingness to learn
- Flexibility, a positive attitude and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with a focus to person centred care
- Enthusiasm for participation in a team environment
- Commitment to best practice, ethical behaviour and conduct
- Comply with regulatory requirements of relevance including RDHS policies and procedures/guidelines.
- Support systems that provide safe, high quality care that increases patient experience and patient centred care.
- Comply with RDHS Employee Code of Conduct.
- Ensure Infection Control guidelines are fully implemented
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of diversity and culture.
- Liaise with relevant members of the senior management team for advice and guidance as required.
- Continually develop and improve clinical documentation which can demonstrate measurable outcomes for individual clients.
- Develop and maintain accurate records for all clients.
- Advocate for staff & clients, ensuring legal and ethical standards are maintained.
- Conduct duties as directed.
- Participate in RDHS training programmes and provide feedback as required.
Applicants require current unrestricted AHPRA registration, and Working Rights Visa status or Permanent Residency.
RDHS is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a working environment that values and embraces diversity and inclusion. Our organisation is committed to ensuring that our workforce reflects the community we serve.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer’s Mandatory Vaccination Directions, RDHS employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status. Annual influenza vaccine is also mandatory and depending on your role, RDHS may require other vaccinations.
To apply please forward your application to;
People & Culture
Phone: (03) 5051 8189