Available COVID car park testing on symptomatic community members at RDHS
Did you know if you are showing symptoms for Coronavirus you can contact RDHS for car park testing of COVID 19.
- Runny nose, chills, body aches, fever, cough or sore throat.
What you need to do;
- During business hours – phone ahead to the Hospital 50 518 111 and ask to speak with nursing staff.
- The nurse will advise you to come to the car park of the Hospital. Let them know when you have arrived (either phone or use the intercom at the front door).
- The nurse will meet you at your car and complete the necessary paperwork.
- Bring your MEDICARE card (if you have one).
- The nurse will supervise a self-collection of a throat and nasal swab. This is a legitimate testing method with written, pictorial and staff supervision to assist you.
- Where possible it is preferred to collect the swab prior to 1.00pm (Monday to Friday) to ensure it is sent the same day .
- You will be asked to ISOLATE at home until you get the results.
- You will get a text message if you have a NEGATIVE result (usually within 2-3 days).
- A health professional will contact you with further advice if the result is
It is very important we have your correct name, Medicare and phone number. Please check with staff when they take down your details. This is a NON CONTACT visit; you will not be completing the paperwork yourself.
If you are very unwell, please phone ahead to your GP or phone 000 if an Ambulance is required. The above testing is aimed at those people with symptoms but managing at home.