MENTAL HEALTH SOCIAL WORKER
RDHS has a vacancy for a Mental Health Social Worker. The primary function of this position is to provide a high quality Mental Health Social Work service to clients of the Robinvale/Euston and other surrounding communities. The Mental Health Social Worker will work within a multidisciplinary clinical team to provide services to clients, which includes assessment, brief intervention, supportive counselling, group therapy, and therapeutic counselling interventions.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Social Work and accreditation with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Relevant work experience with a minimum 2 years’ experience working with clients in mental health, AOD or related fields with gambling help experienced preferred.
- Relevant training and demonstrated ability to use evidence-based therapeutic interventions to work with clients presenting with mild-moderate mental health concerns
- Demonstrated experience in conducting mental health social worker duties within a strengths based and recovery framework.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in mental health practice in a range of clinical settings including working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- The ability to work respectfully and creatively with diverse populations
- The ability to produce high quality documentation
- Well-developed computer skills
- Full Time temporary position.
- Hours of work are 8.30am-5pm Monday to Friday, with the option for Accrued Days Off
- Salary Packaging benefits
- RDHS may be able to provide assistance with temporary accommodation
- Current Drivers Licence
- Clear and current police and working with children’s check
Applications received earlier than the closing date may be assessed, interviewed and offered employment prior to the closing date.
Permanent Residency only need apply. No agency enquiries.
Closing Date for applications: 13th March 2020
To apply please send your application to:
People & Culture Administration
PO Box 376 Robinvale Vic 3549
Phone: (03) 5051 8162