Leisure and Lifestyle Trainee
RDHS is currently seeking applications for the role of Leisure and Lifestyle Trainee. This requires the applicant to undertake paid training in the Certificate IV in Leisure and Health.
The Leisure and Lifestyle Trainee will work with the Leisure and Lifestyle Coordinator and / or the Department Manager to assist with planning, organising and evaluating the outcomes of activities undertaken by aged care residents in order that they maintain appropriate physical and mental fitness. This role assists clients, families and friends of clients to engage in lifestyle activities within an environment conducive to the highest standards of customer care and stakeholder involvement. The role will assist with residents to maintain their ability to participate in meaningful engagement in community.
The successful applicant will have
- First Aid Certificate
- Current Drivers Licence- Class C
- A current Police Records Check or be willing to undertake this process
- A current Employer Working with Children Check
- A current flu vaccination and be prepared to meet this annual requirement
- An ability to work and empathise with the elderly
- Ability to motivate self and work a team to achieve position outcomes
- Motivational qualities with the ability to communicate.
- Strong empathy and patience with elderly residents
- Outstanding communication skills
- A reliable, friendly and professional manner
- Effective communication skills
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Permanent Residents of Australia only will be considered.
Applications received earlier than the closing date may be assessed, interviewed and offered employment prior to the closing date.
Applications close: Friday 4th December 2020.
To apply, please forward resumes to:
People & Culture
Robinvale District Health Services
PO BOX 376, Robinvale, 3549
Ph. 03 5051 8162