KITCHEN ASSISTANT (PERMANENT PART TIME)
Robinvale District Health Services currently has a position available for a permanent part time Kitchen Assistant to join the Hospitality Services team to prepare, cook and present tasteful and nutritionally balances meals to our patients and residents.
Robinvale District Health Service (RDHS) is a vibrant and dynamic rural health organisation providing health care services across the Victorian Mallee and parts of New South Wales. We operate under the Multi-Purpose Service (MPS) Model providing flexible and coordinated services, which suit the needs of our communities. In addition to our role providing aged care and sub-acute services in Robinvale and Manangatang we also provide allied health services based on the primary care model of health ensuring we meet our communities health needs across the lifespan, address the broader determinants of health and empower individuals, families and communities to take charge of their own health.
RDHS works within a values driven care environment where our values of Respect, Professionalism, Care, Commitment and Collaboration influence the way we work and our vision to improve the health, wellbeing and strength of our communities.
The successful applicant(s) will work and learn as part of a collaborative, supportive and multidisciplinary team of health professionals. In addition to being part of a workplace where staff are valued and included, we offer the following benefits:
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
- Salary packaging/novated leasing
- Professional development support
- Free parking
- Discounted health insurance
Key selection criteria:
- A current Food Handling Certificate.
- Certificate in Commercial Cookery would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised with minimal supervision, and work effectively as part of a team.
- Experience in purchasing.
- Good communication skills
- Be a team player in a busy environment
- Reliable, punctual and self-motivated
- Good time management skills
- Clear police check
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging & time-sensitive environment
- Pride in personal appearance & hygiene
RDHS is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a working environment that values and embraces diversity and inclusion. Our organisation is committed to ensuring that our workforce reflects the community we serve.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer’s Mandatory Vaccination Directions, RDHS employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status. Annual influenza vaccine is also mandatory and depending on your role, RDHS may require other vaccinations.
For further details regarding this position, including position description; please go to www.rdhs.com.au
Closing Date: Until position is filled
To apply, please send applications to:
People & Culture Officer
(03) 5051 8189