CHRONIC DISEASE NURSE/CARE COORDINATOR FULL TIME – PERMANENT
Robinvale District Health Services has a vacancy for a Full-time Chronic Disease Nurse/Care Coordinator.
The Chronic Disease Nurse/Care Coordinator position supports the allied health team to ensure clients with a chronic disease receive the most appropriate care. The position will assist in the facilitation of an independent, healthy and resilient community through the provision of integrated and lifelong healthcare services. The Chronic Disease Nurse/Care Coordinator role involves the provision of comprehensive assessment of clients with a chronic disease, care coordination, and self-management support, with the aim of ensuring clients achieve independence and lifestyle goals.
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse
- Previous postgraduate experience or qualifications in chronic disease management and / or multidisciplinary team health care programs in a community setting in particular experience managing diabetes, cardiovascular disease and COPD.
- Demonstrated Health Behavior Change, Chronic Disease self-management skills.
- Care Coordination experience with knowledge of acute and tertiary sub-acute care systems.
- Proven ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary environment with the ability to manage time and conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrate a high-level of systems literacy with the relevant care pathways to promote cohesion across the health continuum and facilitate a patient’s journey through an increasingly complex health system.
- Experience working with indigenous and diverse cultures
- An ability to facilitate exchange of ideas and development of relationships across cultural, service, sectoral and organisational boundaries
- Experience in community work, including well developed facilitation, interpersonal, problem solving, negotiation and resolution skills
Applications received earlier than the closing date may be assessed, interviewed and offered employment prior to the closing date.
Permanent Residents only need apply. No agency enquiries.
Closing date- Until position is filled
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to:
Manager People & Culture